Discovering the pleasure of working with clay thanks to Picasso who invites him to Vallauris and who learns ceramic at the Madoura workshop, Albert Diato creates, in 1948 with Francine Del Pierre and Gilbert Portanier, the Triptyque workshop, which contributed to the esthetic ceramic revolution in the 50s. From 1952, he opens several workshops in Paris, London, Faenza… His work is shown in famous galleries and in many museums in France and abroad (Saint-Etienne, Victoria and Albert Museum…). His ceramics are strong and powerful, and their drafts are creative and lively.
French / English
23 x 30.5 cm